My Lonely Planet guidebook tells me that Costa Rica offers a pure vide (pure life) experience. “Pura vide … means hello, goodbye, everything’s cool, same to you … You may enter the country not believing it, but after a week, you’ll be saying to too.” It sounds like it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride then. Here is our itinerary …
When I am looking forward to a trip, I always like to think up a few questions that I can find the answer to as I explore. In Costa Rica, I’m wondering:
- What is pure vide all about – have the Ticos (Costa Ricans) really discovered a magic formula for life?
- Do sloths really move so little that their coats grow moss?
- What does 100 percent humidity feel like – nasty or nice?
- Will I be encouraged to plant a tree to help reverse deforestation?
- Do capuchin monks always have a curse in the end of their tail – does it ever go straight?
- What does the famous resplendent quetzal really look like?
- When you wake up in a rainforest, what can you hear?
- What is it like to take a shower outside – this will be a first for me!
It’s time to join me on the journey …