Costa Rica Packing List
This is a tough trip to pack for because we have a maximum 40lb luggage allowance as we are taking internal flights. It’s therefore definitely a case of less is more. The essentials include:
- A Rashie – really useful for keeping the sun off your arms/shoulders when you are swimming and for water rafting. They are lightweight and crease free too.
- Leggings for white water rafting
- Hiking gear – trainers/sandals, shorts, convertible trousers. Fortunately, it looks as though wellies are provided where we are staying, otherwise, we would have to fit these in too somehow!
- Lightweight waterproof
- Camera – although I am giving the iPhone 11 a good test on this trip to see how it compares to my DSLR. I love my camera, but it it is heavy and bulky. The ‘phones are so advanced these days, it is a tough call.
- Insect repellant – I never leave for a trip without that!
- Binoculars – also bulky – but worth taking on this trip as the wildlife (particularly birds) is so abundant.
- Beach cover up
- Adaptors for Costa Rica
- A new purchase – a waterproof pouch the fits inside my very useful little packable rucksack. This is always an indispensable item, but it needed a waterproof pouch to protect my phone/purse when rafting/kayaking.
- A torch. It looks like there are going to be some great opportunities for early morning and evening hikes in the forest – but you may miss seeing everything without a torch. It is something I always take with me anyway – I have been grateful for it so many times o long dark walks back to our accommodation after dinner.
- Last – but most definitely not least – my notebook, of course.