Best Place to Stay in Perth - Duxton Hotel
We have stayed in three hotels in Perth during this trip: The Pan Pacific, the Hyatt Regency and the Duxton Hotel. The Duxton Hotel was by far our favourite. This is the place we will stay when we return here. The room has all the usual comforts you expect of a good city centre hotel – including a bath and fast free wi-fi. What gives the Duxton the edge though is that:
- It is the closest to downtown of the three hotels we stayed in (the Pan Pacific and the Hyatt Regency were much further down the Main Street)
- The bar area is nicely tucked away from the main lobby and has a happy hour from 4 – 7 where a range of cocktails are available at $12 (down from $20)
- There is a lovely pool, sauna, and gym area with showering facilities which you can have access to after you have checked out if you have a flight to catch
- The Firewater Grill restaurant gets good reviews – we didn’t try it for dinner, but the buffet breakfast was very good.
- The staff were universally super helpful and friendly
The Duxton will need to keep on delivering though because there is growing competition in the Perth luxury hotel market. The Westin has just opened, the Ritz Carlton is about to open and the Hilton Doubletree is in the process of construction right on the waterfront …